- Who we work with
- Our programmes
- Case studies
- About us
- Where we work
SportWorks is an approved delivery partner of the North of Tyne Community Led Local Development.
North of Tyne Community Led Local Development (NT CLLD) is a locally managed funding programme that targets selected areas in Newcastle upon Tyne & Wallsend to encourage local groups rooted in their communities to suggest, design and deliver projects that contribute to increased employment, develop businesses and improve opportunities to enhance local life.
Using sport as a tool to increase creative thinking and confidence, the participants will gain key skills that will support their individual development. Each activity has been designed to support the individual needs of each learner. Participants will develop skills that will improve their employability such as the core subjects, research skills, CV writing and core subjects; but also, resilience and leadership.
SportWorks have designed an inclusive programme that empowers the participants involved with the CLLD. As well as working on their own development, participants will plan and deliver projects that will continue to support their growth but also give back to the community, promoting and healthy and active lifestyle.
Key Outcomes & Progression
As part of the Sportworks CLLD programme we aim to support participants at all levels to…
- Members of the CLLD community to develop skills.
- The CLLD project has a positive impact on the community.
- Increase economic activity in the CLLD area.
- Supporting participants to overcome barriers.
- Enabling progression onto employment, training, or active member of community.
- Find employment.
- Enrol on an education or training course (apprenticeship/traineeship)
- Continue to engage with the Sportworks CLLD.
- Actively seeking employment.
- Improve basic key skills.